Dear Lynwood Seniors and Residents,
This notice is to inform you about a concerning issue that has come to our attention today regarding unauthorized phone calls falsely claiming to represent the Lynwood Senior Center.
This afternoon, we received several reports from our valued seniors who have been contacted by an unidentified company using our Senior Center's phone number. These callers are attempting to deceive our community members by impersonating the Lynwood Senior Center and selling health insurance services. We want to assure you that these calls are not affiliated with or authorized by the Lynwood Senior Center in any way.
We take your safety and security seriously, and we are actively working to address this issue. In the meantime, we would like to provide you with some important information on how to protect yourself from such deceptive calls:
- Verify the Caller: Always ask for the caller's name, company, and contact information. If they are legitimate, they will provide this information willingly.
- Do Not Share Personal Information: Do not share any personal or financial information over the phone, especially with unsolicited callers.
- Report Suspicious Calls: If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent or deceptive, please report it to the Lynwood Senior Center immediately.
- Block the Caller: Consider blocking the number to prevent further calls from the same source.
- Contact the Authorities: If you believe you have been a victim of fraud, contact your local authorities or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to report the incident.
We are actively working with authorities to identify and stop these malicious activities. Your safety and well-being are of paramount importance to us, and we are committed to resolving this matter swiftly.
If you have any concerns or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at 310.603.0220, ext.319 or email@example.com. We are here to support you and ensure that your experience with the Lynwood Senior Center remains safe and enjoyable.